Jenn graciously gave me permission to share this image of her gratitude board. Here's what she had to say about it.
"I had a remarkable first two days after making the gratitude board. I couldn’t believe how simply focusing on gratitude shifted things. When I flip things around in my head, when I’m in the gratitude and abundance that is around me I bring such peace, joy and fun to my kids and myself…. My husband saw the gratitude board and noticed that I put him first and it meant the world to him."
Pretty powerful. Simply making this gratitude board for herself, reading it everyday, having it up for her partner to see and experience, and PRACTICING gratitude completely changed the way she was experiencing her life (and gave her the mental clarity/energy to make LOTS of other changes, too!).
As Moms and Women we can feel pretty caught up or even trapped in the daily grind of parenting, our jobs, etc. We find ourselves:
- wishing we could be somewhere else,
- wanting more stuff (or time "plugged in") to distract us from boredom AND stress,
- hating our bodies and wanting a new one,
- blaming our partners for the stress we feel as Moms,
- feeling totally exhausted by the daily demands of having kids,
and the list goes on...
If you're feeling this way, isn't there a part of you that knows, deep down, that there's tremendous beauty, richness, & joy underneath all of the stress, overwhelm, & chaos you're feeling?
Here's a simple yet profound shift you can make to experience your life in a radically different way WITHOUT losing weight, buying more stuff, or getting in your car, hitting the road and never looking back (I contemplated this last option once or twice when I was a very overwhelmed new Mom!).
If you're generally feeling frustrated and stressed, secretly hoping something out there will save you from the pressures of your daily life, the first thing you need to do is retrain your brain to be in a place of gratitude.
When you retrain your brain to be grateful for what you have here and now your entire life, your perspective, and what you ATTRACT from this day forward will completely shift.
So if you want to feel more mental and emotional freedom, joy, ease, and abundance in your daily life, you MUST PRACTICE BEING GRATEFUL. You need to strengthen your gratitude muscle through repeated practice.
So, practice being grateful for your family, your man, your job, your body, your money, your home, your food, blue skies, and rainy days, whatever IS.
You don't have to be trapped in a place of lack, comparing yourself to others, despairing that you aren't enough, or aren't in the right place. These are thoughts and you can retrain your brain to focus on all that you do have now.
Here's a little bonus: What you focus on expands so focus on the abundance in your life and you'll get more of it!
Your ACTION STEPS towards a GRATEFUL, ABUNDANT Life:
- Take 5-10 minutes to brainstorm a list of EVERYTHING you're grateful for in your life today (take a look at Jenn's gratitude board for ideas if you're stuck!).
- Get a piece of poster board and some pretty pens or markers and make your gratitude board.
- Place your gratitude board in a location that you will see multiple times a day (the refrigerator, near the bathroom mirror, your bedroom, by your computer, etc.).
- LOOK at your gratitude board when you pass by. Breathe it in, let the feelings of love and joy wash over you as you look through the abundance in your life.
- Take 1-5 minutes to write down three things you are grateful for at the beginning of each day for seven days (make this a part of your morning routine).
- BOTTOM LINE: Find a way to PRACTICE being grateful every day. When you repeat the practice of being grateful daily, your brain literally starts to rewire towards gratitude and this feeling begins to crowd out feelings of lack, compare and despair, and overall negativity.
This isn't for everyone and it's a serious investment of your money and time. If you've read all of this and you want to secure your spot now, check out my Nourished Mama's 90-Day Roadmap to Simplicity, Self-Care, and Family Harmony and enroll today!