Nourishing Foods: Featured Recipe Coconut Cashew Chickpea Stir-Fry
This absolutely delicious recipe was inspired by one of Julie's dishes that I so enjoyed during the Back to Body Reboot Cleanse. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do (and also revel in how incredibly healthy it is for you!).
Coconut Cashew Chickpea Stir-Fry
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: Serves 6-8
· 1 Tbsp olive oil
· 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, grated
· 4 cloves garlic, minced
· 1 medium yellow onion, sliced lengthwise into thin strips
· 1 ½ cups chopped cauliflower
· 1 cup chopped broccoli florets
· 1 cup baby spinach, rough chopped and packed
· 1 tsp curry powder
· ½ tsp turmeric
· ¼ tsp cumin
· ½ tsp red chili flakes
· 1 cup chickpeas
· 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
· ½ cup cashew halves and pieces
· 1 Tbsp lime juice
· ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
· Heat a large skillet or sauté pan over medium high heat
· Add olive oil and onion, cook, stirring frequently, for 3-5 minutes until onions are soft. Turn heat down to medium low.
· Add ginger and garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant.
· Add curry, turmeric, cumin, and chili flakes. Stir and cook for 1-2 minutes to coat with spices.
· Add vegetables, chickpeas, and coconut milk.
· Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
· Add cashews, lime juice, and cilantro.
· Season with salt & pepper to taste.
· Serve over brown rice or quinoa.