Nourishing Inspiration for a Healthy and Harmonious Holiday Season
Begin with the end in mind.
Imagine your holiday season reflecting all of the things that you value most about it: Family. Celebration. Tradition. Giving. Peace. What is it that you love most about the holidays? I ask you to begin with the end in mind. Take a few moments to close your eyes and envision your ideal Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Christmas, New Year, whatever the important holidays are for you.
Now ask yourself these questions:
- How do I want to feel during this holiday season, in body and mind?
- What do I want to eat this holiday season? What feels good in my body?
- How do I want to spend my time during the holidays?
- Where do I want to celebrate the holidays?
- With whom do I want to celebrate?
- How do I want to feel when the holidays are over? What do I need to do to get to that feeling?
Ultimately, my wish for you this season is that your experience of these treasured holidays is in alignment with what is most important to you. What would the holidays look like with less stress, more fun & relaxation, and more time for connection with family & friends? Envision this and then make it happen! If you would like support in cultivating more fun, relaxation, and nourishment in your life, I invite you to visit The Nourished Self Program.
Dear Pregnant Mamas and Families, ask yourself these additional questions:
- What do I want my children to value most about the holidays?
- What traditions, rituals, and experiences do I want to share with my children?
- How can I make old family holiday recipes healthier and more nourishing for my family?
- How do I feel about gift giving and what gifts will be most enriching for my children? Is it about quantity or quality?
- How can I share what I value most about the holidays with my family in a way that is life-giving for me as opposed to draining?
- How do I want to my family and I to feel when the holidays are over? What do I need to do to get to us to these feelings?
My wish for you, parents and families, is that you have the opportunity to celebrate what you really cherish about the holiday season and let go of everything else. I have experienced my fair share of hectic, hurried, and frazzled holiday seasons. I decided a few years back to let that all go and focus on cultivating a healthy and harmonious holiday season for me and my family. I can't say I execute this ideal to perfection, but keeping my deepest values in mind keeps me closer to what I really want to share with my family. Do things need to be perfect? No. Do I want myself and my family to feel joyous and nourished this holiday? Absolutely!
If you are seeking help in balancing all of these things during the holidays and/or want to slow down and focus on your health and wellness goals for Self and Family after the holidays, I welcome you to visit The Nourished Mama Program page and The Nourished Family Program page. Or,go here to sign up for a free health history consultation and begin your work with me today. I wish you a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday and I'll be back in touch in December. Until then!
With Warmth & Light,